No blog post done for the past 2 weeks. hahaha… again, the same excuse – I have been busy. With both work & KAW.
For this Chinese New Year, I am excited! Nothing to do with CNY though. I hardly celebrate CNY anyway.
I am excited due to a rediscovery of my problematic sensitive-prone skin. I’m still using the BSY soap as a cleanser, though I have to learnt to rotate it with the 100% Pure cleanser which I bought during my visit to the seller’s place. Why do I have to rotate? It is for the following reasons:
1) The question would be… if I don’t rotate with the 100% Pure cleanser, then who is going to finish up that cleanser for me? LOL. I can’t just let the 100% Pure cleanser sit in my cupboard. It just looks… … lonely. Also, I would want to use that up before it goes rancid.
2) A reader who has dry & pimply skin told me that she rotates the BSY soap with her own cleanser. Her feedback was that the BSY soap made her skin drier. So by rotating, her skin was not that dry & her pimples started to clear up. What she did was to use her own cleanser in the morning, then the BSY soap in the night. Thus, I decided to copy her method. LOL.
3) Because of Points 1 & 2 above, I accidentally also found out that my skin likes the rotating method.
Another thing is that I have to update my review on the GoW products (which I had given a review previously HERE), specifically the hydrating mists & the vinegar toner.
I had recently switched it up a bit with the following routine:
1) After cleansing face, spritz with Avene Thermal Water.
2) Allow it to air dry just a little bit, then spritz with the Clarifying Toner.
3) Allow it to air dry just a little bit again, then spritz with the hydrating mist (currently I’m using the honey one).
4) Allow it to air dry just a little bit again, then spritz again with Avene Thermal Water.
5) Allow it to air dry completely. Put nothing else after that or just 1 drop of Rosehip Oil.
I know it sounds like a lot of spritzing & air drying, but if you stand around a ceiling face, I assure you that it takes no more than 3 mins.
My skin seems to love it for now. It’s like… nicely hydrated, so my face does not feel ‘oily’ or ‘sticky’ or ‘blocked’.
I’m just going to try this for some time & see if my skin continues to relish it.
I dunno if all of you are the same, but for me, when I use a product over a period of time, my skin will at first seem to like it, but after awhile, it doesn’t seem to work anymore. I read from the GoW website that this is a normal thing because your skin may become ‘complacent’ over time. So what you can do is to switch your products or change your skincare routine a bit.
hmmmm… worth a thought.
I ordered a bottle of Certified Organic Tea Tree Oil from Milagro Trading recently.
I dropped a few drops into a bowl of hot water & use that to steam my face with.
Then when I was going thru some hormonal changes during that…. ‘MONTHLY’ thing, my skin broke out with a few zits around the face. So I tried to dot a little TTO on the spots with a carrier oil like jojoba, but… … oh. my. god.
It was not good. Not good at all. In fact, it was close to being horrifying. It made my zits even ANGRIER and pus-sier (if there’s such a word, which means more pus LOL!!!).
The surrounding skin around that zit had also broke out with 1 cystic acne. =\
And I thought TTO was supposed to be like the mother of all zit-busters. I’ve read so many reviews how great TTO is for their acne & whatever spotty skin they have, but it didn’t work for me at all.
I think I’m just going to just stick to using TTO in a steaming session & not to be applied directly on my skin.
Not sure if it’s due to the quality of the TTO or if my skin hates TTO.
I will probably finish up this current bottle, then get the TTO from another source to test it out again.
God bless my face.
Orh mi tuo fuo.
Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse for Hair.
I tried that the past month. Once a week. I chose Friday because I am worried that the ACV stench will remain in my hair & my colleagues might think that I don’t like to take showers.
I have to say that my favorite shampoo so far is still the Asience Nature Smooth Shampoo which I had posted a review HERE. It is not a natural shampoo, but my hair likes this. I haven’t had any luck finding a natural shampoo that pleases my hair & scalp yet.
I’ve tried Aubrey Organics GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Shampoo, Phyto shampoo for oily scalp & the shampoo bars from Chagrin Valley which I have reviewed HERE. None of them gives me the results like the Asience one. =(
So, using the ACV rinse would help to get rid of any chemical build up & balance out the pH levels of my hair/scalp.
I use 1 part ACV to 5 parts water & leave the mixture in my hair without rinsing it off. Then I wrap my hair up in a towel till it is semi-dry. After that, I let it air dry.
I am a big fan of air dry.
Please share your views & opinions!!! I desperately need help in this area.
How would you like to celebrate your wedding????
Option 1: Register your marriage (ROM), take wedding photos, then go for a 2 weeks overseas honeymoon. Forget about the wedding dinner & all those traditional formalities.
Option 2: ROM, take wedding photos, do the whole shebang with the wedding dinner & the traditional tea ceremony. Go on a short overseas honeymoon (not 2 weeks, or maybe 2 weeks if you can still afford it after spending a bomb on the wedding dinner).
Option 3: Friggin just ROM & get on with your goddamn life.
Option 4: Get pregnant, ROM & get on with your miserable goddamn life.
Important Note – I am JUST KIDDING on Option 3 & 4. I realized that people always think I am being serious when I am telling a joke. *poker face*
Ok, so between Option 1 & 2, which would you pick?
Gong Xi Fa Cai.
And may all of those who read my blog win BIG MONEY in 4D / Toto / CNY gambling!