If you have read my previous post on Bioessence Deep Exfoliator Gel with ATP, you would know that I’m totally obsessed with getting rid of dead skin on my face. Have you read it? No??? Then read it HERE.
I hate dead skin. It causes lots of skin problems like clogged pores, dull complexion & pimples. eww.
So, I found another product from Korea that can get rid of dead skin + other skincare benefits!!! Don’t you love me now? It’s the Baviphat Apple AC Therapy Sleeping Mask.
In case you didn’t know, Baviphat is endorsed by FT Island & Beyonce (yes THAT Beyonce with the sexy hips)! Anyway, you probably already know this.
Baviphat is currently not brought into Singapore right now. I have tried some of its products & fell totally in love with some of them!!! I feel that a handful of their products are (1) not harsh on the skin. (2) Smells WONDERFUL!!! (3) really does work.
I will blog more about Baviphat products in the near future, but I will have to test them out for a period of time first before I introduce them on this blogsite.
I tried the Apple AC Therapy Sleeping Mask & put it to the test for a continuous of 14 days!
photo taken from Baviphat website becuz theirs look much better than the 30 failed photos I took with my camera, but their website is all in Korean which is super disappointing… =(
Korean Friends needed! hehehe…
This is supposedly for troubled skin (referring to dull / acne-prone skin). This sleeping mask contains various fruit acids to remove old dead skin cells to soften & brighten the skin. It also provides relief and nourishment to help you get rid of zits. Also, it contains pectin which is an excellent moisturizer.
Of course it does.
But what happened within these 14 days of product-testing on my face?
Is it really that good???
On the 1st night, I applied a thin layer on & went to bed. I usually don’t apply a large glob of cream to my face becuz honestly, how much can your skin absorb anyway? It’ll be a waste to over-apply any cream to your skin becuz you’ll just rub it off against your pillow or bolster or bedsheets.
The sleeping mask smelt delicious like I applied sweet red apple juices to my face. =) But, it did cross my mind whether ants will eat my face at night. =\
The next morning, IT’S A GODDAMN MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – NO ANTS.
Also, I looked into the mirror & can visibly see that my face looks slightly clearer. Clearer becuz my face usually has red patches from the zits & rashes, but now it looks calmed. The redness is not so obvious.
I took a shower & washed my face with a cleanser. I looked into the mirror again. No great miracles happened yet. But if it did, I would be worried becuz that would mean that the product had lots of strong chemicals (which I am against). However, when I wiped my face with a toner, I looked at the cotton & was surprised to see that it was so………… brown. Yes. Brown.
Loads of dirt had come off my face. I think it is because the sleeping mask loosens the dead skin & that’s why it comes over easily when I wipe my face with toner.
Being a skeptic, I applied the sleeping mask every night. Then I washed my face with a cleanser the next morning & wiped my face with a toner-soaked cotton pad. And each time, the pad looked brown. However, after a few days, the cotton pad became less & less brown.
Well, it could be that there are fewer & fewer dead skin on my face as I continue using the sleeping mask.
I am very certain that the sleeping mask really does soften & loosen your dead skin! It is wiped away easily with just a toner-soaked cotton pad. Might be a good alternative for facial scrubs as it is more gentle on your skin.
As far as relieving pimples go, I had a huge mother-ass zit on my forehead during the 14-day period.
After applying the sleeping mask for a continuous 4 or 5 days, it was still there but less angry red. I couldn’t resist any longer & decided to give it a little squeeze because it looked so ripe. Surprisingly, it oozed out with ease when I exerted just a little pressure. So did the sleeping mask help the zit to pop easily? I suspect it did. I’ll probably try it again when I have another zit (CHOY! TOUCH WOOD!).
See below photo for my big mother ass zit. See how juicy it is??? Usually a zit this big & juicy would be reddish, but now, it’s actually flesh-colored & not so obvious to the public eye.
I hate it. Don’t you think that the zit looks like a button on my forehead??? It’s like ppl can press it & it will go DING DONG. 😐
I strongly feel that on the plus side:
– Excellent dead skin remover when you wipe your face with a toner-soaked cotton pad. I even smeared some on my neck & shoulders to get rid of dead skin becuz we must always remember to take care of our necks too. Or else we will have young faces with wrinkly necks.
– Made the mother zit less red
– After the 14 days, my skin really does feel softer & not much blackheads (maybe due to the constant removal of dead skin).
– Smells absolutely delicious & fruity (without attracting ants).
– Feels light & refreshing, not the thick gooey kind of moisturizers that leaves you feeling sticky.
– Did not give me any allergic or sensitive reactions *thumbs up thumbs up*.
– Large tub of cream at 100g that can last you for 6 months to 1 year.
On the down side:
– My T-zone (forehead & nose) felt wet the morning after, not oily but more like wet with the sleeping cream. I don’t know for sure how this will affect the oily zones in the long run, but within the 14 days, it didn’t create any more zits. So this might not be a down side after all.
– Everything written is in Korean & you will not know what you’re putting on your face. Any harmful chemicals? Any ingredient that will cause clogged pores? Anything that might dry out the skin (eg: alcohol)? So use this at your own risk or if you have a face of steel that can take any product.
On the whole, I feel that the people who can benefit most out of this sleeping mask are:
– Those who want to make their zits look less angry red.
– Those who need a light moisturizer to keep their skin refreshed throughout the night & morning after.
– Those who hates dead skin on their faces becuz you know dead skin makes your complexion look dull.
– I also think that the nice fruity scent will make you feel more relaxed before going to bed! Well, at least it works for me.
Overall, I would give it a Berry Mii stamp of approval!!! =D
Have you tried the Baviphat: Apple AC Therapy Sleeping Mask?